Thread: General Poor camera
View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2013, 09:04 AM   #41 (permalink)
chimphappyhour

Device(s): N7 (12&13), Note 2, GNex, N1, G1, TF
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sportster View Post
I just have to show one of these pics, they're that bad. I am on the verge of just taking this right back to Verizon and say stuff it, this is absurd!!!! These are not exceptionally low light areas, either!! But these are horrific. The floor bottom left is really, really bad. And it looks alot brighter in the area than it appears in the pic as well. My skin tone looks bizarre and mottled. It just looks terrible!!!
Settings you used? Is this the front or rear camera? And it's really hard to tell exactly how low of light that really is. The place I work in looks like it is pretty well lit but if I were to take a photo here, I'd have to ramp up a few settings because it isn't really. My copy of the N3 did pretty well considering but I also don't think it is as dark as where you took that photo.

One thing to note is that ANY digital camera shooting underexposed like that will have some IQ issues, some will be harder to spot than others but they will be there. A tiny sensor packed full of pixels like the Note 3 will show more artifacts than a "full frame" sensor that's not nearly as densely packed. If I had to guess, I'd say that the shot posted isn't too far out of what one should expect from a sensor of this size for those conditions.