View Single Post
Old October 16th, 2013, 10:02 PM   #1251 (permalink)
nickdalzell
AF Contributor

Device(s): Nexus 10, Nexus 7, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Tab 3's
Carrier: Verizon

what about my last question, about disabling those infuriating prompts for my root password whenever i install or update things, or that infuriatingly annoying 'enter keyring password' that comes up when i launch Chrome?

the 'sudo visudo' trick only applies to the terminal. i never get asked for it there, but it still pops up asking me for it when i want to install from the software center or from any other source

if you really want to know why i have such a hard time with Linux, it's because i'm not meant for it. i can screw and play with it but am generally annoyed with how different it is. i just want to say, download flash and double-click. can't do that. like with Skype. i tried to double-click the Skype Linux file i downloaded from their site. no worky. produced a message saying 'incorrect architecture' and gave up. THAT is what i want disabled. that crappy 'you can't do this' garbage. i don't like an OS protecting me from myself. like Ms. Frizzle, i like taking chances, making mistakes, getting messy
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (obsolete, slow, rooted)
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition
Last edited by nickdalzell; October 16th, 2013 at 10:06 PM.