View Single Post
Old October 17th, 2013, 03:39 AM   #31 (permalink)
ChrisH76

Device(s): HTC One
Carrier: Not Provided

Update!

Spoke with HTC re my quote for repair and it basiclaly boils down to corrosion! I thought this may be the case but was praying that they wouldn't pick up on it, silly me eh!
It arose through jogging. I have an arm phone holder and the sweat from my arm seeps into the material of the phone holder which in turn causes condensation within the phone holder, which in turn infested my phone with moisture!!
I was at a loss as to why the phone still workd ok unitl I shut down Nike+ app but to be honest as I knew it might be this I didn't really have a leg to stand on. HTC also advised that the longer I left the phone, the worse the corrosion would get!
Tried every option with both HTC and 3 UK to see if there was any way round paying for this repair, there wasn't!! Had 20 months left on my contract so really didn't have any other option than coughing up and forking out 180! Anyways, it's done and is now waiting on UPS to pick it up.
I've no idea how to get round this issue as I run often and I need Soundcloud and Nike+.
I've never downloaded music from Soundcloud, it's all streamed, so maybe download and put onto an old device? Perhaps a more rigid case for carrying the phone, who knows?

What I do know, is that it is a very epensive lesson learnt!

Cheers
Chris
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ChrisH76 For This Useful Post:
Hadron (October 17th, 2013), marctronixx (October 17th, 2013)