View Single Post
Old October 18th, 2013, 12:22 AM   #1289 (permalink)
nickdalzell
AF Contributor

Device(s): Nexus 10, Nexus 7, Galaxy S3, Galaxy Tab 3's
Carrier: Verizon

when i got to the installer instead of saying 'all dependencies satisfied' it said 'architecture not supported'

i downloaded the 12.04 mutiarch as i said the only one available for 12.04. as a result, i had the half-hour or so task of hacking to make it install via terminal, by add-apt repository and sudo apt-get update, sudo apt-get install skype as per usual.

as for password disables, while i can invoke the kmenu and copy the icon, edit its properties there, and install to my hearts content without needing my password, i don't want a desktop icon. but soon as i drag it to the dock and make it a launcher, and try restarting the app, it starts asking for my password again. the only possible reason is that cairo dock is running without sudo permissions, and i have no idea how to add them so it loads on boot with them vs. as it is now.

damn this is so infuriating. Windows is NOT like this. i never have to jump through hoops to make things work.

What about making it where i can login as root? i don't see that option on the login screen. is there any way to make the default login as root? would solve everything.
Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 10.1 (obsolete, slow, rooted)
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition
Last edited by nickdalzell; October 18th, 2013 at 12:28 AM.