View Single Post
Old October 19th, 2013, 05:06 AM   #141 (permalink)
ironass
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): SGS4 GT-i9505. Rooted. GE KitKat 4.4.2 Danvdh ROM. Baseband: NC9. Kernel: ktoonsez+PhilZ
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanked 3,612 Times in 2,394 Posts
Default A light at the end of the tunnel?

I do not want to get anyone's hopes up but there may be a light at the end of the Knox tunnel. This is an extract from the revised post #1 of DjeMBeY...

"Important Update: 17.10.2013

I'm not sure if anybody have noticed but yesterday my thread for NOTE 3 has been locked down, and all my stuff (for Odin) has been removed! It looks like Dev designgears don't like me, and I was reported and locked but funny enough, there was NO VEGA ROM's nor Root_de_la-Vega files in my thread at all!!
I went mental and my reaction nearly costed me my Contributor title..
Anyway, once pushed hard, I came up with something new.. I've explored "VEGA EXPLOIT" and realized that it is just tip of an Iceberg! You can do many, many things using this "EXPLOIT Window" which works like backdoor access to your phone....
So, here we go...

From NOW ON, my KNOX_0x0 ROM's are called MEGA ROM's and they will be patched with KNOX_0x0 (key) and can be used with my KNOX_0x0 auto-scripts ONLY!!!
De_La_Vega_Root Script DOESN'T work on MEGA ROM's!! Delete it please....I'm sorry for any incovenience
Auto-Script's basically works like "custom recovery" without need for one.. Modifications to System Partition ONLY!

Be careful as going too far with System modifications WILL trigger KNOX flag to 0x1!!!!

This is how it works, for example, copy KNOX_0x0_XPOSED_SLIM to your internal SD and after just ONE REBOOT it will:
- remove old root& busybox
- BackUp & Remove KNOX apps
- BackUp & Remove most of Bloatware (backup will be created on /sdcard/KNOX_0x0_XPOSED_SLIM/BackUp - 370MB - JB 4.2.2 & 4.3)
- Root with latest Superuser
- install busybox
- install latest Xposed Installer as System app
- install Wanam Xposed as System app

Reboot again to make Superuser work correctly..

More Auto-Scripts coming sooon, including DeOdexed Slim Script ....
"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

"Updated 18.10.2013

ATTENTION PLEASE:

There's something weird going on with MEGA MJ5 and KNOX 0x0... So far, I had 4 reports that flag tripped to 0x1 and most-likely it was connected with Xposed Installer and Wanam Xposed.. Too much messing with Xposed's and it WILL trip... As you know, my KNOX is 0x1 so I can't test it..
It looks like this New Bootloader and Kernel got more sensitive/secured and this may cause more trouble in future...
I've checked Note 3 thread with Root_De_La_Vega and same thing, few people with tripped KNOX.. Really confusing is fact that in some cases it tripped after flashing Stock FW on top of Rooted one..
This is a bit worrying to me and I'll try to find out why it trips and how we can stop it.... Method itself is KNOX-Friendly but it looks like additional modifications are messing things up... Hopefully near future will clear some still unanswered questions..
BTW, I don't take any responsibility for tripped flags. Take it or leave it... as usually..
"

This would seem to be at least a step in the right direction. What do you all think?

Dummies Guides Rooting Galaxy S4 * Know Your S4 * Update Problems * Knox Security * Bloatware * GPS
Last edited by ironass; October 19th, 2013 at 06:32 AM. Reason: update with knox issue
The Following User Says Thank You to ironass For This Useful Post:
sntaylor (October 19th, 2013)