View Single Post
Old October 21st, 2013, 03:31 PM   #14 (permalink)
Stuntman

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3, HTC Desire Z, Asus Eee Pad Transformer with Keyboard Dock, Nokia N97
Carrier: Bell

Quote:
Originally Posted by veniceboy View Post
Ok. I am dating a girl. She has full access at my phone. That s what she wants. I am not cheating on her or anything like that, but I have no privacy whatsoever. I have friends that are girls and I have no interest in them but explain that to my girl! The phone has to appear normal (i.e. no flight mode enable) when we are together, I have to receive calls, I just need not to receive any texts so easy life and no discussions.
The only thing I can think of is to deactivate notifications in your Messaging app. You will still receive messages, but no notification sound will play and the notification will not appear in the notification bar. The only way that someone will know if you received a text message is if that person goes into your Messaging app and constantly checks to see if you received any messages.

Quote:
Originally Posted by veniceboy View Post
I actually think that if you are in a serious relationship and almost getting married there should be no secrets and both should have free access to the phone. This is not my case though, I know her since 2 months.
In a serious relationship, I believe you should respect and trust the other person. There should be no need to go snooping into the other person's messages even though you can. My wife and I can access each other's phones freely, but we do pry into each others messages and emails regularly.

Perhaps times have changed since I've been dating. At least in my circle of friends over the years, we don't freely access each others' emails and messages. We didn't have smartphones back then or even text each other. Still, we do use each others computers, but no one launches someone else's email program to see the message.