Thread: Accessory Wireless charging
View Single Post
Old October 22nd, 2013, 09:01 PM   #31 (permalink)
KOLIO
AF Contributor

Device(s): HTC ONE M8 | LG G-FLEX/G-PAD 8.3 | LG GOOGLE TV G3 | SAMSUNG GEAR FIT | QUALCOMM TOQ | CHROMECAST
Carrier: T-MOBILE

Thanked 1,534 Times in 1,148 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetguat View Post
They are pretty new, but does anyone have a wireless charging cover for their N3 yet? The Samsung page says:

*When installed, the Wireless Battery Cover will result in a very slight increase in the overall size of the device. As such, there is a possibility that not all case options may fit as they do with the standard battery cover installed.

Galaxy Note 3 Wireless Charging Cover, White

I dont know what the price on a charging base is, the back cover is $39.99 on the samsung site. Trying to understand if this back was used, can the device still charge if a Spigen Slim Armour case was used? with the Slim Armour even fit with that back?

Any Note 2 users out there perhaps that know?

Anybody have experience with wireless charging on the Note 2. Would it charge as fast as if it were plugged into the wall using the USB3 port? Wondering what the benefits/advantages are to using such a cover.

thanks for the ideas
I have the QI-enabled back cover & will (time permitting) get some mics/calipers @ work tomorrow & get some precise measurements.

However,to best answer your questions in the meantime regarding fit/functionality w/the SPIGEN Case & QI-enabled battery cover:

1) You should have no problem w/charging capabitities w/the case installed,that is if it'll fit.

2) Fit will most likely be a problem,as I have 3 cases & the bumper being the only one that fits:

Accessories for the Note 3

Accessories for the Note 3

An e-mail to SPIGEN wouldn't be such a bad idea,perhaps they'll provide a comprehensive list of which cases will fit & those that won't.
Last edited by KOLIO; October 22nd, 2013 at 09:04 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to KOLIO For This Useful Post:
photogost (November 11th, 2013)