View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2013, 03:45 PM   #16 (permalink)
doublestack1

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by guyinlaca View Post
Kinda disappointing that the phone has already dropped to $199. Really makes those of us who got it earlier feel a bit cheated. Previous Droids have maintained their premium pricing for quite a few months after release and gradually got cheaper. I will reiterate that the most premium things about the MAXX are it's battery, kevlar backing and speakerphone. The Droid Ultra is a creaky flimsy mess just like the Galaxy S4. I'm probably as picky as you can get with build quality and creaks drive me nuts. Phones have become built to be replaceable and have a case is becoming more and more of a necessity.
Not happy about the price decrease but it was expected. I guess it is a price we pay to be early adopters.

I have a love-hate relationship with my Maxx. While on bluetooth I have constant disconnects and poor sound quality. Off bluetooth, the sound quality is fine (voice). The handset volume does appear to be slightly low but tolerable.

Other than the copy / paste issues that continue, I am pleased with the battery life, speakerphone and active notifications.