View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2013, 08:36 PM   #1 (permalink)
sdsu12345
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Is the SD & SIM card holder the same for the i9500 and i9505?

Me and my wife recently moved back home to the US after living abroad. We brought our new S4s back home with us! Any way, she must have been rough with her S4 when she put in her new sim chip (she probably put it in the wrong way or something, its not worth it to ask further!), I see some unwieldy looking connectors sticking out from the sim tray and the phone works perfectly except it doesn't read the sim card. We don't have warranty coverage in the US, and she got a ridiculous quote from some repair guy at the mall. Not that I couldn't find a cheaper repair place or negotiate better terms, but from reading around I'm quite confident I can just replace the SD & Sim card holder myself for a fraction of the price, I have been watching numerous videos on how to do this.

It is quite easy and cheap to get this SD & sim card holder from the internet, but mostly I see this part for the i9500 and our models are the i9505. Would this part be interchangeable for either models, or do I need to find the specific i9505 holder?

And while I see plently of options, I have never purchased replacement parts for a phone so if any one has a good site they get their parts from I would really appreciate the recommendation. Thank you all very much and have a great day.