View Single Post
Old October 23rd, 2013, 09:13 PM   #1419 (permalink)
mikedt
你好

Device(s): Oppo Find 7a, Samsung Galaxy Win Duos(spare), Lenovo P700i(retired), KIRF Galaxy Note(deceased)
Carrier: China Mobile

Thanked 2,801 Times in 2,025 Posts
Send a message via Skype™ to mikedt

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoodyBlues View Post
No, I haven't seen that, Nick. However, I don't do a lot of YouTube watching on the Chromebook. I may watch a video, or perhaps a couple, at a time, but that's about it. So it's not a good comparison.

Which browser are you using? I always stick with my favorite, SeaMonkey. Whichever browser it is, can you check its plugins and post its Flash version?
Current version of Flash for Linux should be 11.2.202.280, whereas the Mac and Windows versions are 11.9.900.117. Adobe have now discontinued any more Flash development for Linux, as they have for Android, mobile versions of Windows, Blackberry OS, etc. Sure Flash is a dying proprietary technology, it's days are numbered. Probably even the open source equivalents for Flash, like Gnash, are dying now, and further development stopping.

Any website these days that insists on Flash, ahem China Central TV should really get with the program and update accordingly....there should just not be the infamous Lego brick when viewing a site on an iOS device now, or Android for that matter.

BTW the BBC got into trouble a few years ago, with their original Windows only on-demand iPlayer software. They're a public broadcaster funded by the British public, so therefore they have to support "public" operating systems.. like GNU/Linux.

EDIT:

Seems Chrome in Linux has the current Flash, 11.9.900.117, same as Mac and Windows. Google paying Adobe to keep development going but exclusive to their browser?
There are nine million bicycles in Beijing.
There are nine million Androids in Shenzhen.
Last edited by mikedt; October 24th, 2013 at 10:40 AM.