Thread: Support Lock Out Google
View Single Post
Old October 25th, 2013, 10:34 PM   #9 (permalink)
Straydog
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung S4 GT-i9505 4.4.2 unbranded
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goodspike View Post
I have a google account I only use for my phone. I don't see what the big deal is. I don't think I get any email on that account that isn't related to that account (e.g. a billing receipt) or something I send to myself that I don't want to get lost in a sea of other email.
That is an idea that I will try and may adopt if it does not make me pay for what I do not need. If I have a PC I'll be glad to use the service, but do not need most of what they push against my will. Don't you believe that everyone should be allowed to choose instead of being imposed??

Yes, it is a "big deal" being spied, treated like a sucker, getting idiotic trash, and having to pay for all that. If you like it that is up to you. This is not new and they often get fined in Europe for privacy abuse. Search an you will find. Google have good things, sure, but most are like this.

Also, not all changes are real upgrades, like with maps. The new version displays a large rectangle on top-left covering a part of the map and I can't find a way to get rid of it. I use nearly all apps on windows whenever possible, not on full screen to allow for multi-tasking, but now I have to use the browser on full screen for maps. They never had coordinates, and now even the distances gauge is gone.

I will do my best not to sell my new phone with which I am otherwise very happy with. So I would really like to find a way aeound to get apps from Google play. there must be a way. Thank you.