View Single Post
Old October 27th, 2013, 02:41 PM   #4 (permalink)
Methos1979

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3 (current phone) Motorola RAZR HD MAXX (last phone, backup)
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by droidobsessed View Post
I am interested in having my phone recognize when I am connected to my home wifi and disabling the need to repeatedly enter my pin code. I would like to only enter it once to as a safety feature but then no more as long as I am connected to my home wifi network. Could tasker do this? I know tasker has quite the learning curve. There is also an app in the play store Unlock with Wifi for $4.99. I don't mind the $4.99 price tag but for that I could use tasker for that and so much more. Any suggestions/recommendations.
Tasker can do this, and so much more. The down side is that you have to be rooted to do it as it requires a special plugin to perform the task.

This was the sole reason I rooted my last phone, to do exactly this and one other automated task - rebooting my phone automatically every morning. I honestly do not understand why both of these functions cannot be done without rooting. It would seem that it should be something the phone is easily capable of doing.

But the answer to your question is yes, with the previously stated caveat.
The Following User Says Thank You to Methos1979 For This Useful Post:
droidobsessed (October 27th, 2013)