View Single Post
Old October 9th, 2009, 07:57 AM   #9 (permalink)
Andronix
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung i7500 @ GAOSP Froyo nightly
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastaman-FB View Post
no, they are making updates more than twice a month so i doubt its human resources.
you think im wrong? thats your opinion but 1.6 is not an ota flash it needs to be done manually. jo bloggs doesnt care about updating his device and only wants to use it as hes been doing for the last 6 months.
the above IS the majority, people like us that push for updates and changes is the minority thats how technology works im afraid

look at vista over xp, EI7 over ei6. took people years to convert as they either couldnt be bothered or wanted to wait to see what an impact it would make.

its naive to think anything else in my opinion

This is smartphone, not a dumbphone that noone ever even try to update. It's only one month on the market and I already feel like it's obsolete regarding new features. Samsung is fixing bugs, that's fine, but I expect much more. If Cyanogen alone could bring Donut features even before Donut was officially out and not break functionality, Samsung should find a way to do the same few months after Cyanogen.

T-Mobile is pushing Donut OTA, do you think majority of the people needed Donut? Why did T-Mobile chose to do so if they know what you've been talking about? Because they think it's the right way to handle their customers.