Thread: General Battery Life
View Single Post
Old November 6th, 2013, 02:07 PM   #37 (permalink)
drbugsmn
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Gnex; Nexus 7 Nexus 10 Borked Original Droid
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by cptnobvious999 View Post
After playing music via bluetooth my entire morning commute (40min) and checking my feedly for about 10 minutes the battery was at 92% still. By comparison my GNex which I did absolutely nothing with this morning was down to 90% haha. Last night when I got my N5 I played with it for the screen on even doing a google hangout w/ camera for about 5-6 hours and got it down to 20%. That's pretty considering how hardcore that usage was (benchmarking, installing stuff, video) and I haven't even gone through a couple battery cycles yet.

I am definitely satisfied with my N5, also with T-Mobile.. for me their service is actually much better than Verizon's

EDIT: forgot to mention I switched the runtime to ART instead of Dalvik.. dunno if that is making a difference or not but I don't notice any stability issues yet.
Sounds great, numbers I like to hear! I'm coming off a gnex which I love, just isn't the best phone for being out and about, even with light usage.

When you swichted to tmob, did you order your n5 via google and switch to a plan (monthly? family? etc). was you able to bring your number over? Did you do it online or in a tmob store? I'm looking at doing the same in the next couple weeks. Tx!