View Single Post
Old November 8th, 2013, 03:12 PM   #67 (permalink)
itsmykl

Device(s): VZW S4 SCH-I545 Hyperdrive 10.1, Touchpad CM9
Carrier: vzw

Smile ROMming is the only alternative.

I decided, after ALL my internal memory was gone so I could not get another app AND that by making Titanium Backups somehow I got my 32GB card filled also but could not see the 'hidden' files, to finally just take my rooted phone and set up an open ROM which was after much searching Hyperdrive. I could see that restrictions by Knox, loss of A2SD and other game-playing by Samsung and Verizon were going to have me returning a phone I really liked. After hours of talking to VZW who acknowledged they knew of the 'hidden' memory loss, their only "corporate" answer was to allow upgrade to new wares which would solve that problem. Of course, it eliminated further problems for carrier and manufacturer by taking the flex out of making the phone personal.
Many will just not like this solution and do similar to myself.
I am very happy with my now NEW flexible phone which has most of my apps back and I have over 8GB FREE on my device!
Highly recommend Hyperdrive, from install all the way through to operation.
My other experience with ROMs is CM9 on a TouchPad and this is much advanced and easier despite later CM9 custom 'gui' driven setups that are available on some newer custom ROMs such as Hyperdrive.
Progress progresses if you progress.....
Last edited by itsmykl; November 9th, 2013 at 01:41 AM. Reason: clarity of expression