Thread: Accessory Otterbox in stock
View Single Post
Old November 8th, 2013, 03:23 PM   #52 (permalink)
jds4000
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy Gear, Galaxy Note 10.1 2014
Carrier: Verizon of Course

Default About the Otterbox Defender

Got the Defender today via a Sprint Store of all places. My already over sized and fabulous GN 3 is now officially a well protected, gigantic, freak of nature. New Specs? Height approximately 6.5 inches Width 3.5 inches Depth 1/2 inch. All of the buttons CLICK very well (Power, Volume Up and Down, Home Button). Covers over the headphone jack and USB charging port fit perfectly. Openings over the camera lens and S Pen are perfect. Overall, the case is VERY well made. I repeat, VERY well made. I must speak of one MAJOR drawback , at least for me. The built in screen protector SUCKS, and SUCKS BIG TIME. It is NOT flush with the device and simply looks cheap. The screen protector can be easily popped out and the adhesive strip easily peels away. Your device has a screen that is super scratch resistant anyway. Toss the screen protector in the trash where it belongs. Unless you are incredibly reckless, or have brats at home, chances are slim that you will scratch the display anyway. On a 1-10 scale I would still rate the Defender a 10. There is not a case on the market that offers the durability and protection that the Defender series offers. I have used Defender series cases on every phone that I have owned and always will. And yes, I IMMEDIATELY removed and TRASHED every screen protector that Otterbox has included on EVERY Defender series case that I have ever owned.
Last edited by jds4000; November 8th, 2013 at 09:25 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to jds4000 For This Useful Post:
dustwun77 (November 8th, 2013)