View Single Post
Old November 11th, 2013, 07:19 PM   #154 (permalink)
ogwilson
Writer
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Moto DROID MAXX, Galaxy Note 2
Carrier: Verizon Wireless

Hey guys,

Quentyn from Phandroid.com here. Chiming in because I understand many of you are disappointed about the result of this ask me anything session. First of all, I feel I owe all of you a huge apology, as well as an explanation on what happened.

I originally underestimated the amount of activity this thread would get. I had every intention of answering every question that was asked, but things ultimately spiraled out of control. I posted the thread in the midst of working to provide Nexus 5 and Android 4.4 KITKAT coverage for Phandroid.com, and that proved to be much more difficult than I originally imagined.

I committed a huge error by failing to communicate a couple of key things in my original posts:

* I should have mentioned that the ask me anything session was for a limited time.
* I should have clearly communicated the cut-off point for questions.

It's because of these two things that the thread ballooned into such a mess, and with a broken promise to boot. I sincerely apologize to everyone whose questions were seemingly ignored. I must admit that I am new to the whole AMA process, but I have learned a great deal from the missteps that have occurred. I will work diligently to avoid such issues in the future should I decide to do another.

Again, I just want to apologize to everyone, and hope you'll understand how truly sorry I am that this has gone down this way.

-Quentyn
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to ogwilson For This Useful Post:
alostpacket (November 11th, 2013), amarie82 (November 11th, 2013), jmar (November 12th, 2013), morgankslade (November 13th, 2013), mysticalnyte (November 11th, 2013), Rxpert83 (November 11th, 2013), Tyseyh (November 12th, 2013), zipred (December 9th, 2013)