View Single Post
Old November 15th, 2013, 04:41 AM   #98 (permalink)
ironass
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): SGS4 GT-i9505. Rooted. GE KitKat 4.4.2 Danvdh ROM. Baseband: NC9. Kernel: ktoonsez+PhilZ
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanked 3,617 Times in 2,398 Posts

Have added a couple of links in #1.9 of post #1 to help explain what Knox Security is all about in very simple terms, with a video, as well as the Knox User Manual/Guide.

I have also added, in #1.8, a breakdown of the Samsung firmware release numbering, mentioned a few posts earlier, in an attempt to clear up any confusion on whether a particular firmware is Knox enabled, or not.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sydney99 View Post
Let's find out if KNOX flag 0:1 does void the phone's warranty or not - Page 6 - xda-developers

Djembey just got his phone back. Knox was tripped. Samsung still repaired under warranty.......interesting!
In light of Syd's post, I have also amended the main body of post #1 to read that Knox, "may", invalidate your warranty and have also added in #1.10, a link to the xda forum thread on the subject of the Knox flag and warranty. This thread shows that the situation with tripping the Knox flag and warranty repairs is still far from clear and that there are conflicting reports on the subject.

Dummies Guides Rooting Galaxy S4 * Know Your S4 * Update Problems * Knox Security * Bloatware * GPS
Last edited by ironass; November 15th, 2013 at 06:18 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to ironass For This Useful Post:
EarlyMon (November 15th, 2013)