View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2013, 01:58 AM   #144 (permalink)
ironass
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): SGS5 SM-G900F. Rooted. KitKat 4.4.2 NG7 NEAT ROM. Baseband: NG8. KT kernel+PhilZ recovery.
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanked 3,920 Times in 2,582 Posts

DjeMBeY Slim M9 CWM ROM, no Knox, is up!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjeMBeY View Post
Model: GT-I9505 (4.3)
PDA: XXUEMJ9
PHONE: NONE
CSC: OXXEMJ8 (28 codes)
Kernel: Stock SELinux Perissive v1.2 (29.10) - CREDITS to talexop
Build Date: 26.10.2013
Changelist: 1986587
Original Stock ROM: Download: <<< Hotfile >>>
Pre-Rooted ROM (CWM): Downloads: <<< AFH >>> or <<< MEGA >>>
XXUEMJ9 WiFi_FIX - DOWNLOAD: <<< Dev-Host >>>
Source

Flashed this yesterday and I don't regret it for one instant.

Larger than Echoe Slim ROM, this ROM from DjeMBeY has less apps removed. Which is no bad thing, IMHO. No fancy bits and pieces. It is all stock and Knox free!

As I was coming from Echoe ROM, I decided on a clean install and followed the ROM installation instructions.

1. I installed the XXUEMJ9 modem using Odin and rebooted to check all was well.

2. I booted into PhilZ recovery and used the, "Clean to Install a New ROM", feature in PhilZ, under "Wipe Data/Factory Reset", that Syd mentioned, as I wanted to give it a try.

3. I then immediately flashed the DjeMBeY Pre-Rooted CWM M9 ROM that I had previously placed the .zip file on my SDcard, whilst still in PhilZ recovery.

4. After it re-booted I set about letting Google sync and Titanium Backup do their stuff and I was good to go, although I did freeze some unwanted apps using TB.

Everything seems to be working just fine. The stock kernel is very smooth and battery friendly and in the short time that I have been using this ROM, it has not disappointed.

One thing that I had problems with on Echoe was that my Handcent messaging was very slow to send MMS's. I guess it didn't like some of the mods. No such problem here though. Also my blutooth connections are very fast. GPS is spot on. Xposed framework and Wanam Xposed both work faultlessly on this ROM and even retained my settings after a reboot. Wi-Fi is as strong as ever and the MJ9 modem is giving me a very strong signal. One word of caution... if you are on an old, unlocked bootloader, like me, do not use the Wi-Fi fix. Just flash the modem again.

I must say, flashing a DjeMBeY ROM again was like coming home and I will give this a run for its money.

Dummies Guides Rooting Galaxy S4 * Know Your S4 * Update Problems * Knox Security * Bloatware * GPS
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ironass For This Useful Post:
sntaylor (November 16th, 2013), Sydney99 (November 16th, 2013)