Thread: General Metro PCS w/N5
View Single Post
Old November 16th, 2013, 06:14 AM   #12 (permalink)
4ubest

Device(s): Nexus 10, Nexus 7 2012, Nexus 7 2013, Nexus 5, LG Motion
Carrier: Metropcs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhray View Post
I actually came from the CDMA Galaxy S3 on MetroPCS and went with the N5.

Here's how I did it: Buy the phone first and then when you have it in hand immediately go to either an "authorized dealer" or Corporate MetroPCS location (you can find the designations on No Contract Cell Phones | Android Phones | 4G LTE | MetroPCS). Tell them you need a Micro SIM card and then give them the phone and have them register the Nexus 5 to your existing account. Remember you will not be able to swipe SIM cards between your old Galaxy S3 as it uses different band technology than the Nexus 5 does. Once done, you're good to go!

Took 15 minutes, and around 15 dollars for a new SIM card for me...

I then would recommend selling the Galaxy S3 to someone already on Metro because that particular phone's value is taking a plunge by the day.
I am concerned that I will lose my contacts and text messages on my non rooted lg motion. Is there a way to save them or transfer them to the nexus 5? What I need a faster phone is for the text messaging as it is too slow and lags with the motion..would the nexus 5 be much better at texting in addition to web browsing on Metropcs?