Thread: General Metro PCS w/N5
View Single Post
Old November 17th, 2013, 02:56 AM   #16 (permalink)
4ubest

Device(s): Nexus 10, Nexus 7 2012, Nexus 7 2013, Nexus 5, LG Motion
Carrier: Metropcs

Quote:
Originally Posted by rhray View Post
^^^

Make sure all of your contacts are Google contacts synced with your google account. When you add contacts, never add them to the "phone" choice, always the "google account" one. If you don't have any google contacts, there are ways to switch them all to google if you like but that will keep them backed up and yes, you can do it on the Motion 4G.

With texts, best backup program from my experience is SMS Backup and Restore, download it from the play store and save the file somewhere on your phone where you can copy it to a computer and then load it on to the nexus when you get it.

I think I understand how to save the files to the phone SD card and then take the card out and put in an SD adaptor and then the computer, but the nexus 5 does not have an SD so how would I get the saved files from my computer to the nexus 5?

Also and this is a thought.. I do not need to sell the LG Motion so if
I keep its battery charged can I access my texts and contact list and simply not be able to phone or send a text. I have important material that was texted to me regarding funeral preparations that I need to be able to access in the near future that was sent to me via text ? Apps that were not purchased via google play store will be lost or can they be retrieved and installed on Nexus 5 ?
Last edited by 4ubest; November 17th, 2013 at 03:00 AM. Reason: clarification