Its not tempered Glass, but it does the job.
Talking about the amFilm Premium (PET) Screen protector. First off, I didnt purchase one, but was send a package for the amFilm Premium (and Bye-Bye Bubble) to review. Below is my view of the product after using it for about 3 weeks.
Except for a Zagg PET protector for an HTC Touch Pro II, I never used any sort of screen protector. I am careful with my phone, and i like the feel of the native gorilla glass I had on my Droid Bionic. Having paid full price for the Galaxy Note 3, I felt compelled to protect it. Purchase the Spigen Slim Armour (Great case, different review). I was approached to trial the amFilm as I was on the fence about PET and tempered glass protectors.
Installation: Installation was easy, though it was my first time applying such a protector. My N3 screen was already perfectly clean as I never removed the film that covered the screen during shipping. I used the hinge method discussed in the instructions, and followed the youTube video. We simple enough, though the protector seemed slippery to me on the N3. I had some alignment issues and had you life up and let it down a few times. Despite best efforts, I had dust particles and decided that I couldnt live with them. Knowing I had two extras within the 3-pack, I lifted up and tried again. Did this perhaps three times. Overall happy with the alignment and no dust. During all this, two corners dont seem to lay completely flat, but also are not in the main viewing or SPEN areas, so no worries for me.
- SPEN works just as good. Not plasticy drag.
- Clarity is perfect to me eye.
- Not observable degradation to camera or hand sensor, though the cutout could help
- protector does show smudges and finger prints. To me it shows alot. so you need to wipe it down
- Durability. There is a scratch or a flaw as in the correct light I can see a short vertical line which is discolored a bit I keep my phone in my pocket, so keys or change or some other common house item possibly did it. It wasnt there on initial install. Its minor but, my OCD notices it.
- took a small screwdriver and gently dragged it across, and that did scratch the protector. Then again its PET not tempered glass. Its a $5ish 3-pack. Keep that in mind.
- No worries on home button. protector is very thin
After three weeks, no air bubbles. Protector remained attached. It shows more fingerprints for my liking. Would love to compare to a tempered glass with an oleophobic coating. The two edges are still not flat in the Slim Armor, but are not getting worse.
Final view. For about $5, its not a bad deal. It does the job, and you get three per pack. If you dont want/need the protection for a $30 to $40 tempered glass, this seems like a grade-A choice.