View Single Post
Old November 19th, 2013, 04:18 PM   #13 (permalink)
ironass

Device(s): SGS5 SM-G900F. Rooted. KitKat 4.4.2 NG7 NEAT ROM. Baseband: NG8. KT kernel+PhilZ recovery.
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanked 3,904 Times in 2,573 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seinen View Post
This has gone quite off-topic, but this is probably my last question (dunno if I missed it in the guide): how do I flash any custom rom/app I want, from now on?
Seeing as its your last question...

I guess you missed #3.1 of the Rooting Galaxy S4 - Dummies Guide.

Quote:
I think I understood that everything is done via Odin for flashing any rom, but I may be wrong.
DO NOT use Odin on your rooted firmware with the old, unlocked bootloader and no Knox. Only use CWM flashable .zip files for ROMs.

Quote:
Again, if there is a thread for flashing roms and anyone can, please post it.
Each ROM will have its own flashing guidelines which must be read carefully and thoroughly before flashing.

You could do worse than see #2.10 of DjeMBeY ROM's i9505 - Dummies Guide as well as post #144 of the same thread.

Please read everything thoroughly and carefully before flashing any ROM as you have an unlocked bootloader and no Knox and should aim to keep it that way.

ironass motto... "Flash in haste... repent at leisure"

Dummies Guides Rooting Galaxy S4 * Know Your S4 * Update Problems * Knox Security * Bloatware * GPS
The Following User Says Thank You to ironass For This Useful Post:
Seinen (November 19th, 2013)