View Single Post
Old November 25th, 2013, 01:00 PM   #2 (permalink)
ironass

Device(s): SGS5 SM-G900F. Rooted. KitKat 4.4.4. CM11 ROM. Baseband: NJ1. CM kernel+TWRP.
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanked 3,945 Times in 2,598 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikebanks385 View Post
I had two Galaxy S4s and I gave one to my friend. Prior to giving him the Galaxy S4, I decided to factory reset the phone (in settings backup and reset). The thing is, I dont remember if I unchecked all the backup options (automatic restore and backup my data) prior to the factory reset. I also dont remember if the backup settings were enabled on the device during the time I used it. The problem is that I did the factory reset and everything but when the device restarted after the factory reset, I didnt touch anything and left it as is then I brought it to my friend. Now Im scared that all my texts and emails may have been restored after the reset which I hope did not happen. I had some very important personal information on that phone. Do you think the texts and emails could have been restored or I would have to put my google account information in the phone for it to be restored?
Hello and welcome to Android Forums mikebanks385!

The settings, apps, etc; would only be re-sync'd to your account if you, or he/her, signed in with your gmail account and password.

Dummies Guides Rooting Galaxy S4 * Know Your S4 * Update Problems * Knox Security * Bloatware * GPS