Thread: Accessory Note 3 cases?
View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2013, 02:58 AM   #439 (permalink)
Scootmien
AF Contributor

Device(s): Galaxy Note 3 - Stock ::::: iPhone 5 - Jailbroken :::::HTC One - Stock ::::: Samsung S2 - Rooted
Carrier: Vodafone / Three

Quote:
Originally Posted by WIZKID55 View Post
wow that would be great wanna see how thats looks.....
Here you go.

I went for the Spigen Satin Silver Neo Hybrid - Amazon.co.uk case.

Firstly, the case came in frustration free packaging, which made it far easier to get out. It contained the authenticity card inside that showed I have a genuine product. Even without that I could tell that this case was probably genuine as it had been machined really precisely and fits the phone perfectly in every dimension. It certainly does not look like a 'knock off' in any respect.

The back is a very pleasing soft TPU that feels very smooth yet slightly yielding to the hand. It is completely flat (remember, I come from a curved back HTC One) and the camera lens is recessed back to avoid scratching by laying the device down on a flat surface.

The satin silver band really looks like brushed aluminium and gives the whole case a premium feel to it. The lip around the phone screen is about 1mm which I realise may not be to everyone's liking. The buttons are also plastic but coated in a polished silver paint to make them look like stainless steel. The button click is very responsive and I would vernture that for me it feels better to click the case buttons that use the naked device buttons.

Overall, the case really does not add much bulk to the device at all, which is exactly what I wanted. I realise that it will not offer the same level of protection as, say, an Otterbox Defender, but for me it is exactly what I want to protect the device from the occasional knock. The phone is already a huge device and I really did not want to increase that overall size too much. This case is perfect for that. It does offer some protection as well as give the device a premium feel over and above the naked look

The only gripe I have, and it is a minor gripe, is that the after market USB 3.0 charging cable I bought from Amazon will not fit into the hole cut in the case. I need to use the Samsung cable only as the housing on the USB 3.0 connector is smaller. I've ordered another Samsung charging cable off eBay, plus my old USB 2.0 cables fit perfectly so my car and bed side table charge points use those.

Overall, I am extremely pleased with the case and have decided to purchase a wireless receiver card rather than the S-View wireless cover or the OEM wireless charging backplate.

Caveat - This is my point of view. I am not stating anything as fact, merely my subjective opinion.

Not a member yet but want to join? Join here!
The Following User Says Thank You to Scootmien For This Useful Post:
WIZKID55 (November 28th, 2013)