View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2013, 09:46 AM   #136 (permalink)
scotty85
AF Addict
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 7,251 Times in 4,497 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike W View Post
Hi Guys, me again. I've been patiently waiting for CM to get a "stable" mod and it's up to "release candididate" stage, so somebody's working on it. My current issue is a recent OTA from Verizon. I'm diligently avoiding it, but it's really nagging me. I've found a few ideas of how to stop it, (Freeze via Titanium Backup:FWUpgrade.apk and SDM.apk
Utilizing Root Explorer or the like: Rename file: /etc/security/otacerts.zip to otacerts.zip.bak AND Rename file: /system/app/ wssyncmlnps.apk to wssyncmlnps.apk.bak) but not having any luck finding the files or changing the names in ES File. Any ideas? Also, if I get to CM, will the OTA nagging stop? Thanks.

Update: I found a new thread How to prevent OTA on stock rooted VZW HTC One - xda-developers on xda that lists another set of files to rename. I'll try that and repost if it works. I also found that Root Explorer was necessary to see the files, worth the $4.
first,dont let the status of the builds scare you. ive run nightlys on many daily driver phones that i need to rely upon for work. just because they are nigtlys doesnt mean they arent functional,stable,and useable flashing cm will keep you from getting OTA nags

on your OTA issue,you could simply flash a custom rom based on the OTA,wich will defiantely stop the nagging.

if you want to stay where you are,youll need to look for the OTA file in a downloads folder,and eliminate it.

you can then use titanium to freeze a file called "updater" to keep the phone from checking(or use root explorer to rename the file).

with this file frozen,if i select system update,the process just crashes,and FCs. ive had my dads phone set this way since i gave it to him to keep it from OTAing and screwing something up. its still running t mobiles release 4.1
donate to my device fund
Last edited by scotty85; November 28th, 2013 at 09:49 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to scotty85 For This Useful Post:
Mike W (December 4th, 2013)