Thread: General Battery Life
View Single Post
Old November 28th, 2013, 05:04 PM   #225 (permalink)
Hook
Ever since DU... ;-)

Device(s): Nexus 7 (2012),Nexus 5
Carrier: AT&T (Gophone)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lona808 View Post
They don't. They actually don't like to be completely drained, which is why phones shut down before it happens. When your phone is dead, the battery isn't completely drained, just enough to stay idle. If you let your phone sit while dead, the battery will slowly drain and if you let it fully deplete there is a high chance it will never charge again. Good battery health is to charge your phone when its around 10% until its at 100% and then take it off asap. Every couple weeks or so let it die and then charge it to 100% while off. This will help your battery last and your phone continue to operate swiftly.
Quote:
Originally Posted by krs128 View Post
is this true? every night my phone is only around 40% with my daily use... do I need to star just streaming youtube videos or heavy games to drop the battery? I never charge over night but in the morning usually from 30-40% to 100% and take off charger right away.

very seldom is my phone under 30% though
I would disagree both with letting the battery drain to 10% (unless you have no choice) and with taking it off the charger asap at 100%. In general, Li-Ions, from my understanding, are fine with top-offs and actually do better with them and they have a protection circuit that works just fine.

Frequetly Asked Questions on How to Charge Batteries

I have always set my handhelds to charge overnight on my bedside whether they were at 30% or 90% and have never had battery performance be reduced by doing that.

Nexus 7 (2012) 3G (converted to Grouper wifi only), Dirty Unicorns 7.9, Android 4.4.4, Build KTU84P, Nova Launcher.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hook For This Useful Post:
Gatman (November 28th, 2013), Rxpert83 (November 28th, 2013)