Thread: Accessory Note 3 cases?
View Single Post
Old November 29th, 2013, 08:30 PM   #443 (permalink)
nesty1760

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy Note 3
Carrier: Vodafone 4G

Default UAG Case

After using my UAG case on my Note 3 for a few days now. I have a couple of gripes over it compared with my Otterbox Defender, which housed my former HTC Desire HD phone for 4 years!

The back on the UAG is very smooth. It's ok for getting it out of your pocket, but not great for holding it at the rear in one hand. Ok on the UAG case you have the honeycomb grip. However on the Note 3, unless you have hands like shovels your fingers won't ever reach the other (power button) side with 1 hand.

My Otterbox defender was more tacky at the rear panel, no requirement to have your fingers around the further edge of the phone, (just resting on the rest panel); this gave you enough grip to balance the phone & work it 1 handed. The UAG doesn't offer this position for your hands!

Also, the UAG case screen protector is rubbish. No matter how many times you try to lay it, you just can't get the air bubbles out of the screen protector & have these circle marks all over the screen.

The Otterbox Defender, may not be fashionable, but my HTC after a few drops after 4 years service is still absolutely mint condition. OK not worth anything now, though never gave me worries of a cracked or marked phone!