View Single Post
Old October 13th, 2009, 03:33 AM   #56 (permalink)
spenspuma

Device(s): SAMSUNG GALAXY NOTE 2 HTC EVO 3D HTC SENSATION HTC DESIRE HTC HERO
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Slug View Post
Well done Dirks! I hope the patient recovers okay....

I'd be fascinated to see any photos illustrating the procedure. They could be invaluable later if anyone needs to do 'surgery' out of warranty. I also hope your employers appreciate the trouble you've taken to comply with their policy - imho you deserve a pay rise just for dedication.
More likely the company will still ban the phone and he will have 1) wasted his time/effort and 2) in doing so invalidated his warranty.

Why would any company spend hours checking hardware in each and every phone that every employee has? It just wouldn't happen, there would just be a block ban if security was THAT much if an issue.

Personally I think the OP has manufactured the scenario as a talking point. Interesting to a point but then when you actually take a step back and analyse it, it becomes a bit unrealistic....do people REALLY believe the company will check everyone's phones and then start delving into the phones hardware and software to see if it is possible to take a photo on the phone? It's too Hollywood for me.