View Single Post
Old December 1st, 2013, 04:54 PM   #1717 (permalink)
zuben el genub

Device(s): Oppo Find 7 Nexus 4, Nexus S
Carrier: Not Provided

I downloaded and burned one Kubuntu DVD. Tried it, and it looked flat. I don't mean all the dratted visual effects and crap that Ubuntu wants, but it seemed all gray.
I have trouble with the command line. I know what it is as I used DOS, but the terminology of that got me, too. I had to memorize every command. Now it's like learning another foreign language.

Like I've said, there are really no tutorials. Most of the easy ones tell you how to get onto Facebook. I happen to want to hook up an Epson Scanner. The usual reply is go get a new scanner and get an HP. I don't want an HP. Takes you forever to find the answer that you can't use a printer since it isn't supported. I happen to like my Pixma -i6000. It works. It prints stuff that HP won't begin to touch. But it's at least 8 years old. This is what you can't find. I simply don't want an all-in-one. Who on earth faxes anymore? The scanner interface is simply designed for most to copy. My Epson will do slides at the resolution I want.

I might just mess around after Christmas. Right now I am too immersed in making gifts to want to sit there.

What do you know about Slimboat Browser? I have Iron and that. I think I am going to delete FX since I can't get ESR going.