View Single Post
Old December 2nd, 2013, 03:51 PM   #1730 (permalink)
saptech

Device(s): Motorola Moto G, Samsung Stratosphere, Galaxy Tab 2 SE.
Carrier: T-Mobile

Quote:
Originally Posted by MoodyBlues View Post
KWallet is used for quite a few things. I don't know why you don't want to use it, but without it you're probably limiting the number of apps you can run and/or their functionality.

Also, in the link above, the article is titled "Using Kontact with your Google Account," and the image on the page is indeed Kontact. So...help me out here! (Look, I got like zero sleep last night, I'm still working on my first cup of coffee, and I have to take my little princess, Joy Noelle, to the vet in a little while--and she knows something's up, so she's hiding.) I thought you didn't want Kontact, but it seems from that article that it's basically part of using KOrganizer to do what you want.
The article is titled Kontact but does mention Korganizer and setting it up with Google Cal.

Quote:
KOrganizer can also read your Google Calendar and even put up reminder windows configured by the Calendar event details in your Google Account. Unfortunately, you are unable to edit these Calendar entries(or at least I haven't took the time to figure this out yet). First go into your Google Calendar, click on the little down arrow next to the Calendar you wish to access in KOrganizer, and select Calendar Settings. Scroll to the bottom and click on the ICAL which corresponds to Private Address. A dialog will be displayed, either copy the URL or right-click it and select Copy Link Address. Now go into KOrganizer and add a new Calendar. For the Calendar type select Calendar in Remote File. If you do not see this option, you may need to install extra packages. A full KDE install with the PIM suite should have the required packages installed. Choose a name for this Calendar, make it Read-ony and paste the ICAL URL into the Download from box. You can choose the other options at your disposal, such as when to reload the Calendar from Google. Press Okay, and you should immediately see your Google Calendar in KOrganize. The reminder daemon will also display pop-up notifications on upcoming events as well.
I do not have the 'Calendar in Remote File' option. I'm sure if I need Kwallet but since you say it's a good thing to have, I'll include it.

***EDIT***
Adding Kwallet did make a difference. I now have Korganizer configured with Google Calendar. Now I need to figure out if they will sync with each other or if Korganizer will sync with GC!

Thnx.
Last edited by saptech; December 2nd, 2013 at 04:40 PM.