View Single Post
Old April 27th, 2010, 01:50 PM   #50 (permalink)
BigRon

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Cry

1.) Model Number ? __T-Mobile G-1_________
2.) Firmware Version ? ___1.6________
3.) Baseband Version ? ___62.505.20.17u_2.22.19.261________
4.) Kernel Version ? ___2.6.29.00479-g3c7df37________
5.) Build Number ? ___DRC92________

Also do you have a T-Mobile Data plan on your
PayAsYouGo or FlexPay Plan? ____No____________

Carrier ? _"3"___ (we know some are also Unlocked so not Just T-Mobile)

Country you are using your phone in ? ____UK________ (we know that not everyone is from the US)

Is the phone SIM registered in T-Mobile as the Correct phone? No

I've just bought an unlocked T-Mobile g-1 on EBay, and put my "3" USIM into it. The phone is BRILLIANT, with one exception: I can't get onto the Apps Market, which kind of restricts me to pre-installed software. If I attempt to go to the "Market", by clicking on the icon, it invites me to sign-in (I've had a Google Mail a/c pretty much since they started offering them: years) If I enter my details and click "next", the phone tells me that it's trying to connect with the server... warns that this could take up to 5 minutes, and after about TWO minutes, tells me that it can't set up a reliable connection. It stops trying to connect, and offers to try again. Probably, I'm doing something wrong; like I've missed entering a correct value in "setup" somewhere. Any help from more experience users would be gratefully received! "3" in the UK offer the HTC, Hero but despite them therefore having at least SOME experience with Android, they're polite, but not really very helpful or informative.

Note that EVERYTHING ELSE WORKS! Google, GMail, Google Maps... The ONE thing that doesn't work is access to the Apps Market!
Last edited by BigRon; April 27th, 2010 at 01:55 PM.