Thread: Support General email app issues
View Single Post
Old December 10th, 2013, 12:33 PM   #6 (permalink)
dennyjagard

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Default Intermittent missing or hidden body on email with attachments

Perhaps the glitch is in the "auto download message" option, which I had selected due to travel data strategy. I have unchecked it, as that might explain why an email would arrive with only attachments showing, but the body of the message missing. BUT, scrolling down on the message did not result in the text appearing, as I might have expected since the settings explanation by that option says "Download message body when I scroll down."

The mail size limit is "maximum size."
The POP/SMTP settings are the same as my laptop, where all messages have arrived whole (and if those settings were incorrect, would it really block just the body of the message from arriving, but let an attachment through?).
Spamarrest acts as my internet service provider, blocking unauthorized messages, and has worked fine on my devices for over 10 years.

I presume this is a glitch with the HTC email software. Because if it was an incorrect setting, why would it be intermittent?

Summary: I intermittently receive emails with attachments where the body/text is missing, and the attachments are there, ONLY on my HTC One phone... the entire email is intact on my laptop. From the same sender, using his same device, I occasionally receive entire intact messages, including attachments, on my HTC One.
Last edited by dennyjagard; December 10th, 2013 at 12:34 PM. Reason: added POP