View Single Post
Old December 13th, 2013, 06:54 PM   #10 (permalink)
racer88
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy S3
Carrier: Not Provided

Update: OK... the iBolt Dock-n'-drive app pretty much sucks, because it pretty much doesn't work. It won't start automatically when I plug the phone into the cradle. I still have to unlock the lock screen (sideways / portrait mode, mind you). Then I have to start the app. Yes, I followed the instructions. It worked the first time, and that was it. Now, I have to start it manually.

And, go into Navigation and then close that... the iBolt app has to be restarted.

And, to top it off, it's screwed up my Rocket Player (music app).

So, it looks like I'll be uninstalling. Very disappointed. I liked my S3's Driving Mode! I want driving mode where my screens are in landscape mode. I don't like doing things sideways. And, I also like the phone to stay ON when in the cradle.

Why did they get rid of Driving Mode on the S4?? It really makes no sense.

And, the S-Voice "Hands-free" mode is also a PITA. I have to start THAT manually, too. The S3's Driving Mode was automatic. All I had to do was plug it in. Aaaaaaaagh! As it stands, the car docking station has been rendered useless.

I've also had the S-Voice Hands-free mode go totally black (display) and the shut off without any input from me.
Last edited by racer88; December 14th, 2013 at 12:35 AM.