View Single Post
Old December 14th, 2013, 02:28 PM   #15 (permalink)
William T Riker
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): N10, ME370T, XT875, i515, i535, SM-N900V
Carrier: Verizon

Quote:
Originally Posted by jetguat View Post
Not a complete noob. But not expert. What is meant by "pit" for MJ7. MJ7 is the current VzW load. Not sure what put means.

What's md5?

Odin. I don't have but I know it's something for the pic to connect/work on samsung devices.

Did you have the slot stuff setup? What that lost after ota? When you say you used Kingo is that like saying you followed the whole entire rooting with Kingo process again? Or somehow just pointed back to the slot you were using?

Why load is the rom in slot 1 built on? If not the new load. Then why the the OTA?

Thanks for clarification.
Pit file is the partition file you use with the tar/md5 for odin to flash back to complete stock. Which you can find here:[GUIDE] VZW Note III Edition[Return to Stock or recover from a Soft Brick and More] - xda-developers

I do not use a rom slot setup, I simply have the stock rom in the stock slot. I was posting because Kingo DOES reroot MJE, what I did was go back to complete stock with odin then took the OTA, then used Kingo to root

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Chief View Post
Jetguat, if you accept the OTA there is no guarantee that my root Guide will work. The OTA will likely patch the root exploits that Kingo uses.
Kingo does indeed work to root MJE which was what I posted a few posts back, root/ safestrap wise nothing changed between MJ7 and MJE the big problem would have been if they changed SELinux to Enforcing but it stayed the same
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to William T Riker For This Useful Post:
MrClean (December 15th, 2013), ryancmatchett (December 14th, 2013), The_Chief (December 15th, 2013)