View Single Post
Old December 22nd, 2013, 02:56 AM   #5 (permalink)
Hawker

Device(s): GT-I9505
Carrier: EE UK (4G)

Thanked 1,828 Times in 1,128 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by jaliy View Post
took me 30 min to digest all that
i don't think there's anything wrong with the router it's only a month old and it's asus router
After all the time and effort rukbat gave up in an attempt to assist you, I think a small word of thanks wouldn't have gone amiss.

You mention software update in your post but I assume we are talking about the weather widget updating its content and not updating the widget software itself (this is done in firmware updates)

Strange your weather only seems to refresh on data connection and not wifi. Mine does both. I have mine set to refresh every 3 hours and auto refresh on open.

Occasionally my weather didn't update but after a manual attempt a few hours later it did so I put this down to a problem at the weather site end. Perhaps your problem is a similar issue.

You say manual attempts fail, so does the refresh icon spin during the attempt? My guess is it does so it's not the software but a connection issue. When it fails disconnect wifi immediately and try again. If this works then it's your router that is at fault, more specifically, its DNS.

If you can't get to the bottom of it, it may be worth trying a 3rd party weather widget to see if this works better for you (eg. Fancy widgets)
Last edited by Hawker; December 22nd, 2013 at 03:59 AM.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Hawker For This Useful Post:
ironass (December 22nd, 2013), jaliy (December 22nd, 2013)