View Single Post
Old December 22nd, 2013, 09:05 PM   #1 (permalink)
GameTheory
ROM Developer
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): [Optimus F6 Xperion ROM] [Spirit 4G Samurai ROM] [Galaxy S3 4.3 Stock]
Carrier: Metro pcs $60 plan

Thanked 2,079 Times in 959 Posts
Default ** Init.D Scripts ** for Freedom Kernel

Init.D Scripts For Freedom Kernel

What is init.d support?

Init.D scripts only work with the latest versions of my Freedom Kernel in both Lite & Overclocked versions.

This thread will be for posting any init.d scripts and for troubleshooting them. There are many init.d scripts on the web. Just google these search terms, init.d tweaks or init.d scripts. You can tweak many aspects of the kernel and system with init.d scripts.

I wrote a script to get you started called 00cpu located in the new directory you will have after flashing the latest version of Freedom kernel (/system/etc/init.d). It will allow you to adjust the following...
  • Governor
  • CPU clock speed
  • Scheduler
  • Enable core 2 at all times
To enable an init.d script just place it in the init.d folder and reboot your phone. That's it!

You can edit the script on your phone with a text editor like the one in root explorer or on a PC (PC recommended). You can tweak this script how you like, kind of like your own profile.

Here's a look at the script I wrote that's in your init.d folder. The things that are in green can be edited to your liking. Make sure to read the directions within the script (do not skip directions)...

After any script change you make reboot to enable changes.

Note:
If your using a CPU app then it will override the init.d script. That is ok though, this allows you to use the CPU app along with the script if you choose.
Last edited by GameTheory; March 31st, 2014 at 04:10 PM.
The Following 8 Users Say Thank You to GameTheory For This Useful Post:
Android Addict (December 22nd, 2013), Bard (December 26th, 2013), cubone (December 23rd, 2013), dslaven (December 23rd, 2013), jasonzech (December 23rd, 2013), joselaz (December 22nd, 2013), Keithman2567 (December 22nd, 2013), sahi2myfriend (December 23rd, 2013)