View Single Post
Old December 30th, 2013, 07:48 PM   #155 (permalink)
Mr. Lucky
AF Contributor

Device(s): Nexus 5 (rooted), Galaxy Tab 10.1 (rooted), Nexus 7 (stock)
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by oleb84 View Post
Can you explain how you done this please? I don't know what I'm doing when it comes to rooting and launchers etc. I don't want to root though.
Most of what you see on the homescreen can be done without root. However, the Quick Action theming, etc. (second screen shot) does require root.

The homescreen is mostly the product of Apex Launcher Pro plus Apex Notifier. The two widgets are Transparent Clock & Weather and Zooper Widget (I'm using the paid version of Zooper, but the free one works just as well for the vertical calendar). To get the two widgets in tight like that you'll need to enable the "Resize any widget" and "Overlapping widgets" options in Apex. I'm using a 5x4 grid (5 rows, 4 columns), but that might not be a necessity. The clock/weather widget takes up the top row, and the calendar widget takes up all of columns 1 and 2). The icons are from various free themes available from the Play store, but Apex also allows you to replace individual icons (from themes or elsewhere) if you so desire.

Thanks for your feedback, and hope this info helps you out!