Thread: General Best phones of 2013
View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2014, 05:26 PM   #13 (permalink)
doogald

Device(s): Moto Droid Maxx (2013-), Moto Droid 3 (2011-2013), HTC Droid Eris (2009-2011) Also, an iPad 3rd gen.
Carrier: Verizon

Thanked 1,591 Times in 1,238 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by capulinflicker View Post
Yeah the photo samples I've seen have largely been pretty bad, bleh.

But that's good to know that they'll be bringing that sort of camera control back with the update, thing is I have no idea when my phone will get upgraded to KitKat. Any experience with 3-party camera apps on the Maxx? Any recommendations? I never bothered to get any other camera apps on my GNex (other than an HDR app) since the stock camera was so good.
I'd be awfully surprised if everybody did not have KitKat by the end of the month. It's pretty well-reported that the last update had issues for some people, but I think that fix for that was delayed by the holidays. I'm sure that not many people were working at Motorola and Verizon the last week of 2013 and perhaps the first week of this year.

I've used only the stock camera app. Ive heard good things about Camera Awesome from SmugMug, and have used Camera Zoom FX and ProCapture on other phones. (I can't recall if they cost anything. When I look on the play store it just tells me that they are already installed...)
The Following User Says Thank You to doogald For This Useful Post:
LizMac (January 7th, 2014)