View Single Post
Old January 6th, 2014, 11:40 PM   #11 (permalink)
twister6
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2
Carrier: V

I just want to add that notification filtering with current MW software is still work in progress since I was referring more to a general "native" enabling of pushing notification without a need of any 3rd party apps. Augmented Pro has a nice way to filter notifications, but it's not compatible with new MW Manager and new firmware. But for my own personal use it's no longer a show stopper. In a way 4.3 update added it's own filtering since under every app you have an option to enable/disable notification check-mark. Furthermore, in MetaWatch manager you enable Notification Access under Alerts. The big problem for me personally was receiving email notifications. I have my POP3/IMAP accounts with native Samsung email client and even so I have notification enabled and it displays new email icon in the notification bar, it never translated into the actual notification message displayed in MetaWatch. In order to solve this problem, I discovered eNotify app (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.hermes.enotifylite) which does a perfect job of pushing those email notifications from my multiple email accounts. For Exchange, to get access to my work email, I'm using TouchDown where it's notifications get displayed on MetaWatch without a problem.

Just for those who are not familiar with MW Manager, it enables to design 4 separate MetaWatch screens with up to 4 widgets per screen in each quadrant as well as using large widgets that take more than 1 quadrant. Its a very elegant GUI with a lot of config options. My particular design looks like this, including screenshots of status window and music control.

Implemented in a new 1.52 firmware, now you have a queue of multiple notifications you can scroll through, although the body of email message is not displayed.

As a bonus, a new built-in Timer app was implemented with a latest firmware.

Here are the screenshots of MetaWatch latest manager (https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.metawatch.mwm)

And here is eNotify - a very flexible notifier app with a lot of config options. This one was a real lifesaver for me to get my POP/IMAP email account notifications to be displayed in MetaWatch.

Complete List of all smartphone and tablet Accessory and Gadget REVIEWS by Twister => HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~
The Following User Says Thank You to twister6 For This Useful Post:
mntom (January 7th, 2014)