Thread: ECHOE Rom
View Single Post
Old January 13th, 2014, 12:09 AM   #304 (permalink)
friedrich420

Device(s): S4, Note 3 (Currently Using) HTC Desire X, Smsung Galaxy S, Zopo ZP810 (In some drawer...)
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironass View Post
Point taken friedrich and I totally agree that the Echoe ROM itself is Knox and bootloader free but by your own admission you need to flash the stock firmware with locked bootloader and Knox security to enable full functionality of the ROM... Wi-Fi, for instance. I was just pointing out that people needed to read that before progressing if they require a fully functioning ROM.

I suppose the $64,000 question everyone is asking is... what are the chances of the above ROM without the need to flash the stock firmware first?
Its all up to a kernel with 4.4 sources my friend... it shouldnt be long... wuby (from our team) got an older kt kernel to boot yesterday... no wifi but just booting was a huge step. He was going to let ktoonsez know... hopefilly he'll do his magic...

About that knox thing its indeed a catch22... like with the note3.. my rom doesnt have knox but in order to use it u need custom recovery.. flashing custom recovery on a note3 automatically raises ur knox...

The 4.4.2 leak for the N3 just came out.. we'll see how much more different it is compared to the bullshit samsung pulls with the s4..
The Following User Says Thank You to friedrich420 For This Useful Post:
ironass (January 13th, 2014)