View Single Post
Old January 23rd, 2014, 04:59 AM   #5 (permalink)
ironass

Device(s): SGS5 SM-G900F. Rooted. KitKat 4.4.2 NG7 NEAT ROM. Baseband: NG8. KT kernel+PhilZ recovery.
Carrier: Vodafone

Thanked 3,920 Times in 2,582 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clip12 View Post
hey everyone!
ok so, if you guys have seen my previous posts, this is what happened the first couple of days of getting my phone and FREAKING that I had screwed it up. Now since i've had a bit more experience i'm not too worried.

ANYWAY
The situation last time and now was that after installing a rom, I would want to change it back by restoring a backup created in twrp. Every time I would try to do this though it would install and be successful, but then when i reboot the phone it stays on the "samsung galaxy s4" screen.
Unfortunately, you have not given details of the ROM you mention. However, TWRP is known to not play nicely with Samsung based ROMs and you should use CWM instead for backups and restores. You could try wiping the cache partition and dalvik cache, under Advanced, in Recovery mode, to see if that helps.

Quote:
so, do I have to have 4.3 installed already for the backup to work? and is there such thing as a 4.3 stock ROM instead of having to flash it with odin everytime?
Official stock Samsung firmwares can only be flashed via Odin I'm afraid as they are un-rooted and contain the modem and bootloader. There are, however, stock-like ROMs, such as DjeMBeY's in post #2, here, that are pre-rooted and do not include a modem.

Be advised that flashing ROMs on Android 4.3 will blow your Knox Security flag. See, Knox Security & locked bootloader on new firmwares.

Dummies Guides Rooting Galaxy S4 * Know Your S4 * Update Problems * Knox Security * Bloatware * GPS