View Single Post
Old February 26th, 2014, 05:06 AM   #9 (permalink)
scotty85
AF Addict

Device(s):
Carrier: Not Provided

Thanked 7,226 Times in 4,484 Posts

With the newer,non-sd card devices,its a bit differently to flash files via hboot. It can be done,with a correct USB OTG adapter,but placing a PxxxIMG(PNG07IMG for the one) onto internal does not work. The common method is to use fastboot and RUU mode wich may seem complex at first,but is actually pretty quick and easy once you do.it a couple times.

This is actually has been my favorite means of installing those files with all phones(even the inspire ) as It does not reply on proper name or sd.format,and the command.window gives you more info when a file fails to flash. Plus,I find it tedious to have to transfer files on and off of the sd card. I used it to install your firmware file on my inspire

I agree 100% with hadron. Once you've got s off,there is never a good reason to go back! Just keep in mind the responsibility of having a device that does no security checks,as it will happily let you brick it just make sure to know what you're flashing,don't flash things unnecessarily,and make sure to double check the integrity of anything you flash by verifying its md5 sum.
donate to my device fund
Last edited by scotty85; February 26th, 2014 at 05:12 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to scotty85 For This Useful Post:
sharksfan7 (February 26th, 2014)