View Single Post
Old March 19th, 2014, 02:07 PM   #13 (permalink)
twister6
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): Fascinate, Droid X, Nexus 7, Note 2, S5
Carrier: V

I would like to inform everybody about new MetaWatch Manager release, now up to v2.0.0. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.metawatch.mwm

This update came as a big surprise considering Metawatch guys probably have most of their resources tied up in the upcoming Meta release. I was very pleased to see they continue supporting their original MetaWatch design, continue working on firmware and app updates, and actually working on additional content instead of just bug fixes.

This update definitely doesn't feel like another dot release just to fix a few bugs. Considering popularity of their NFL widget, introduced in earlier updates, 2 new sports widgets were released covering Pro Basketball and, just in time for March Madness, NCAA college basketball, allowing you to follow schedule and scores of your favorite teams. Also, UI has been redesigned, and looks really cool with icons of the widgets instead of generic icons used before. There were also improvements in battery life (still need to verify that), and fixes for several stability issues and other minor bugs.

Personally, I'm anxiously waiting to get my hands on the new Meta so I can share with you my experience of this next milestone release from Metawatch guys. But in a meantime, I'm actually rocking my FRAME with new updates!!!

Here are a few pictures of the new MWM screens:

Complete List of all smartphone and tablet Accessory and Gadget REVIEWS by Twister => HERE
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~