Call me old school but I don't usually talk to my phone much. For those of you who do, one of our members Tee52 noticed that after the KitKat update the voice command "Hi Galaxy" didn't work to wake up the phone. Well here's how to get it working again:
Thanks go out to Tee52 for finding this issue.
- Open S-voice and click on the Menu key.
- Turn off Voice wake-up and un-check Wake up command.
- Now check Wake up command and turn on Voice wake-up.
- After tapping on okay to the popup that will appear say "Hi Galaxy".
- Now turn off the phone and say "Hi Galaxy". This should now activate the Voice wake-up and take you to the S-voice program and you can open a program. I'm using swipe for security so it bypasses the lock screen. Your mileage may vary depending on which security scheme you use.