View Single Post
Old March 24th, 2014, 04:25 PM   #8 (permalink)
sharksfan7
Thread Author (OP)

Device(s): HTC One, Nexus 10, ZTE Radiant, HTC Inspire 4G
Carrier: AT&T

I posted some questions on a thread over on xda but my stuff always seems to get buried unanswered over there. So I'll ask here & I'm sure you guys will set me straight.

I never got around to RUU'ing back to stock 4.3 to take the OTA like I asked about originally. Now with the 4.4 Sense 5.5 RUU available some confusion has crept in again regarding what can/can't be used with all the different security & lock states. If I'm S-OFF w/ unlocked bootloader, can I run the ruu.exe? Or am I better off waiting for a decrypted ruu.zip?

As far as I understand it, I believe I can pretty much run anything w/ S-OFF and it's up to me to make sure that what I run is compatible with my device, lest I risk bricking it. Is that an accurate assessment? Are there any avenues to restore that cannot or should not be used while S-OFF? Are there any that would require relocking the bootloader while S-OFF?

Also, I believe the appropriate RUU for my AT&T One (CWS__001/PN0712000) is RUU_M7_UL_K44_SENSE55_MR_Cingular_US_4.18.502.7_R1 0_Radio_4T.24.3218.09_10.26.1718.01L_release_35656 5_signed_2.exe. What does the "MR" refer to? I can pretty much decipher all the other bits except the "MR". I noticed that with the earlier RUU versions, some have the "MR" & some do not. Oh, and if that isn't the correct ruu for my device, can you point me to the one that is?

As always, thanks.