View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2014, 08:52 AM   #147 (permalink)
CafeKampuchia

Device(s): Samsung Galaxy TabPRO 8.4, Google Nexus 5, OnePlus One
Carrier: CellCard & Metfone

Thanked 1,410 Times in 746 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hadron View Post
I guess "mistake" depends on who the camera is aimed at. They aren't aiming this at the pixel-peepers, but for many people's usage it will actually be fine, if those people don't get distracted by pixel counts.
The entire purpose of introducing "UltraPixels" was to outperform traditional high megapixel cameras in low light. When you fail to accomplish that 2 years in a row against the same 2013 hardware no less (like the iPhone 5s, Galaxy S4, Note 3 and G2), yeah, I'd call that a mistake accomplished twice. I know phonearena.com's testing is subjective, but it seems to accord with what is generally found by the mainstream review sites.

This is not about "pixel-peepers" distracted by pixel counts, but HTC dishing out marketing baloney.

Camera Comparison: iPhone 5s vs LG G2, Samsung Galaxy Note 3, Galaxy S4, HTC One, Motorola Moto X, DROID Ultra - Indoor

Camera comparison: HTC One (M8) vs Samsung Galaxy S4, Galaxy Note 3, iPhone 5s, LG G2, Nexus 5, Nokia Lumia 1520, Sony Xperia Z1S - Indoor

I wonder what this will look like when the M8 is tested against the S5 and other 2014 flagships yet to be released. It's not going to get prettier for HTC.

Please don't send me PMs with support questions. That's what the forum is for
Last edited by CafeKampuchia; March 26th, 2014 at 08:58 AM.
The Following User Says Thank You to CafeKampuchia For This Useful Post:
Shocky (March 26th, 2014)