Thread: Support HTC one build quality
View Single Post
Old March 26th, 2014, 10:53 AM   #148 (permalink)
Rhyan

Device(s): HTC One, Nexus 7
Carrier: Not Provided

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rhyan View Post
Has anyone else had this issue with their One?

I can't believe I've only had my One for less than 2 months, and I see that my camera lens cover has 4 cracks splaying in different directions from a central point - meaning that photos come out fuzzy at the edges. No idea how it happened. Reading around, I don't seem to be the only one with this problem.

I don't really want the hassle and cost of sending it back to HTC for repair, so wonder if anyone has attempted replacing the camera lens cover themselves? So far I've found a few solutions (for example this one), so I've just ordered myself one of these to give it a go.

Just wondered if anyone has tried similar before, and can give some hints or tips before I try it myself!

Thanks,
Rhyan
Just to follow up on this, I replaced the lens cover myself in the end, once I'd found a decent pair of tweezers to remove the old lens (and enough time when the kids weren't around and I didn't have a load of other stuff to do).

Probably took me less than 10 minutes. To separate the new lens cover from the new back, I had to destroy the little (white) plastic tray to which it's glued. Other than that, it was pretty easy. All in all, the repair cost me less than 20, and it seems like new again.

Rhyan