View Single Post
Old March 29th, 2014, 01:52 PM   #5 (permalink)
ARocker

Device(s): (MetroPCS) Samsung Galaxy S4
Carrier: Not Provided

arakaflakaflame@gmail.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by exitprogram View Post
I am worried that my phone will lose 4G (as it had happened on my MetroP S3 and i couldn't get it back) after flashing a custom ROM to it and I couldn't find a fix. I am about to start a thread to see if there is a more "complete" backup than an NANDROID because returning to stock did nothing to fix the problem before. I know there are other backups (like nvbackup) but i need to see what other types are out there to ensure i can revert back to the true original state.
I understand that there's no need for a nvbackup with a gsm phone. There are no prl's to update as well. I don't know the specifics of why. The s3, as you know, was cdma and so you needed to backup certain info in case it was lost.

A nandroid is a good backup, we have complete system tars of our last few android versions available in case of anything catastrophic. In fact, I can't think of any posts that spoke of any issues you won't be able to recover from. There's an update comming, to 4.4 for our device (tmobile got theirs already) soon hopefully. When it does, I'm sure someone will snag the tar for that update as well. There are some things you should know before updating about the bootloader updates and KNOX if you don't already. Check out our UATR post for that info as well as some recovery and Tmobile roms that definitely work for our device.
The Following User Says Thank You to ARocker For This Useful Post:
exitprogram (March 29th, 2014)