View Single Post
Old April 8th, 2014, 11:59 PM   #13 (permalink)
Rukbat
AF Addict

Device(s): Note3 running X-Note 4.3 in Safestrap Stock slot.
Carrier: AT&T

Thanked 2,880 Times in 2,640 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrJ View Post
Can I undelete the deleted messages without rooting the phone?
I'm guessing here, but they're probably in a system area, so you can't even see the files without being rooted.

Quote:
Didn't know that. Are you saying that SMS sent from mobile to mobile are synced with Google? Is this a Gmail thing, as I can't see how Google would have syncs?
I'm saying talk to their tech people (you speak the language) and ask if they do. The Gmail account you normally put into the phone when you set it up gives you Google Cloud storage, and your email is stored there. They may also store text messages there. I've never needed to know (I back up almost nightly), so ask them.

Quote:
I have now downloaded and installed Wondershare Dr. Fone for Android and have successfully connected to the phone but the scan process fails twice, both time stopping at 85%. After the 2nd failed scan it recommends rooting the phone and trying again.
It's probably trying to read system directories.

Quote:
This is the guide I am following. Have there been any advaces since this?
Flash Android 4.4.2 XXUENA6 KitKat OTA Update for Samsung Galaxy Note 3 LTE
Advances for 4.4.2? You can't even root the Note 3 on 4.4.2 (unless they've come up with something since the end of last week - I haven't looked since then). But, again, you're writing to the /system/bin directory. And you know how a DOS works - any unlinked (or, as you put it, named with a ?) place in the partition is fair game for any file in any directory.